April 21, 2005

Here's the poem - if anyone cares.

THE NIMBUS OF LIFE
-by Anshul Gandhi

- Life is too precious a gift given to us. Its full worth cannot be realized in one lifetime
alone. Let’s all atleast appreciate the ensemble of life as we sway through it.



I stir in the merry cradle of life
to a dreamy paradise that enraptures me.
I look at the illimitable paths that lie,
each like a drop of the elixirial sea.

Each so alike, its hard to choose
I have done it so often, but still feels new.
A few random thoughts and I am on my way
Hoping that I will make it through.

The warmth of the sunshine with me
And the cool fresh breeze walking along.
It feels like this was the destined path,
And will take me to where I belong.

Endless joys along the way,
New relations at every turn.
So much beauty all around,
More than I can put in my urn.

A few pits and falls in my way,
Question me on the choice that I made.
But every path would have its roughs,
And either way, I would have to wade.

My memories and my urn are still with me,
And merrier times are waiting ahead.
Why should I list my woes and sorrows,
When I can count my blessings instead.

I have been gifted the boon of life,
the halo that will always be with me.
I have been gifted the nimbus of life,
Something that connects us all with Thee.

I continue to walk on the path I chose,
Ignorant of what will come my way.
Enjoy every second of this walk,
Who knows what comes after today.

My urn will always starve for more,
And there will always be paths that I will pave.
The aisle, the runway, the red carpet and then the Bridge,
That will finally take me to my grave.

But then again He will come,
And give me a new urn to fill,
To take all those I couldn’t collect
And those dreams that had to spill.

He will lift me in His tender arms
And put me in a new cradle of life.
New paths, new pits and new turns,
But still will remain The Nimbus Of Life.

- With every pain, comes a joy. Let’s all be thankful for what we have.
It’s the least we can do.


P.S. forgot to mention in the last post that "elixirial" isn't a dictionary word :D .
elixir is, but then i made up elixirial myself. Maybe it will find a place in the dictionary if ppl visit my blog too often :))
P.P.S. in the slightest case that u DID like my poem,i wud happy to put em all.
so just inform me (actually i'll put them even if u don't say nething. I know how shy u ppl are :)) ).

2 Comments:

Blogger Vinod Khare said...

I don't understand much of poems but I liked yours. Did this one go to e-Meander yet?

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, wow quite the poet aren't you!!!
4rm random googler

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home