January 31, 2008

silly lovers

It was a lavish green field just close to the heart of the city. And that made it a rather popular place for the young and the old. The wise and the foolish. The lovers and the loners.

"You know Jason, they say every love has some silliness in it. Do you believe that's true ?"
"Well, I guess so Karen. Does it matter ?"
"Well no, not really."

"Jason, what are you thinking ?"
"I am just looking at those stars."
"Where ?"
"Over there, follow the tip of my finger there. You see ?"
"What do they look like ?"
"To me, they seem like wings. Like those of an angel. Do you see them now ?"
"Yeah, I think I do. They look pretty."

"You know Karen"
"What ?"
"It takes two really silly people to see stars in the sky at this time of the day."
"I know Jason, I know"

A rather popular place for the young and the old. The wise and the foolish. The lovers and the loners.

6 Comments:

Blogger Saumya said...

It was a long old corridor in an old engineering college in India. And at the end of that corridor, were two shadows. Two boys becoming men, two men forming their ideas about life, about love, about family.

"You know Anshul, they call me Silly. Do you think I am silly?"
"Well I guess so, but I am not sure. Does it matter Saumya?"
"Well, no. Not really."

"Saumya, what are you thinking?"
"Oh, I am just looking in the future."
"Where?"
"Over there, see ... see that pretty lady taking two little kids back from school?"
"What do they look like?"
"To me, right now, they look like the future."
"Yeah I think they do. Nice."

*****

"You know Anshul?"
"What?"
"It takes two really silly boys to see their future in a common sight as that of a woman and her kids. Especially when they have so much to do in their life."
"I know Saumya, I know."

****

You know, that is how life goes on. We have places, we have people, we have wonderful bondings, but everything has its time. Let us learn from it all. I stand by the first corridor image as much as I do with the second we-have-to-do-so-much-more-in-life one. I am glad you were there with me when I was dreaming, and I am glad that we are here together now. That's what makes us friends. :)

****

Loved this piece. Exquisite. So much that I couldn't help using the same technique in another context (as used above) :D Really glad that elixirial is back. "ELIXIRIAL", truly. The everlasting.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey....nice piece Jason.... :)

12:37 PM  
Blogger anshul said...

@ saumya: yeah baby, i am back :D
man it was so great meeting u in Dec in iitk. we shud all meet up again someday. someday, in the future :)

@isha: thanku ji :)

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey nice piece...

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm... not as bad as i thought it wd be...a guy writing about mushy stuffs is indeed refreshing. :)

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home