May 27, 2005

To The 10 And Back (part 3) A Lesson Learnt

I lived a long time thinking that hard-work wasn't necessary or essential to succeed. And I did do without it for an year atleast (first sem was decent work). But once the sem went real bad and I realized that I had started on the wrong foot (I think I started out on my hands), I cudn't do much other than fall back to the basics. The only prob was, I had never gone by the basics; I wasn't a text-book guy. So, I had to kinda discover what hard-work really meant (actually, I am exaggerating again, coz I still haven't hard-worked. The hard was well, mildly hard ;) ). But to some extent, I cudn't do anything else. There wasn't much margin for error.
And when I did finally confirm the result, I also confirmed a lesson to myself "Hard-work does pay at the end". Here's where the bad part starts.
U c, hard is a relative term. So, if u are in a habit of pushing urself, it doesn't mean u r working hard. If u wanna work-hard, it means u have to raise the standards above ur normal ones. Its relative. Its about beating urself.

I know ppl who have almost worked their backs off (I wanted this to b a "U" rated post, so I had to use backs) but they haven't got anything significant out. Why ??
I can't answer that fully but it's about you. Every one has a certai level of things and at one place or the other, it does come down to things like luck, chance, inherent skill etc.
What do u then, well, I dunno. I need an answer to that too.

So, for all those out there who think hard-work is just another fancy text-book term to be used only by professors and teachers, well, wake up. It helps. Hard-work does pay off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vinod Khare said...

Hi,
I'm sorry but I could not understand anything in your blog. And that is not because I'm way, way behind you as far as the CPI goes. I feel that you yourself are not very clear on what you want to write and why you want to write it. The blogs are very unclear. What I suggest is that you sit dowon and think them over properly.
I have some inkling of the feelings that you might be haivng as a Dussa. Chod yaar, I feel too humble to write anything about it. Bye.

11:29 PM  
Blogger anshul said...

Hey V,
well yes, to some extent u r right.
But wait for some time. I had to start in a confusing fashion coz in some ways i m gonna talk abt the negatives of the topic, which most ppl don't know it exists. So I have to go in a counter-intuitive fashion and u know, a blog is sometimes a place ver u can throw ur things out, and no one will understand. I agree that the 3 posts weren't clear, but I'll link them up soon. Its gonna use the Black Pearl Effect thing.
So, try and bear with me for some more time.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home